segunda-feira, 19 de abril de 2021

Sugared Meatballs

Hello!
Today I'm bringing you a gross food called Sugared Meatballs - Eww yuck, who would want to eat sugared meatballs?
This was mentioned by Erin A Lucy on the facebook group Neopets Nation. And her questions are legit, I mean, we do indeed eat sweet and sour dishes and we add sugar and other types of sweetners to our foods. So, how yucky could these sugared meatballs be, actually? 
I ended up volunteering to cook my version of these meatballs and share my opinion. I used beef and pork meat, lard, eggs, bread crumbs and sugar for the meatballs, then I cooked them with a soy sauce, mirin, sugar, garlic and ginger paste, sake and rice vinegar sauce to give them a sweeter glaze, and I finished them with three different coatings: regular granulated sugar, cinnamon sugar and powdered sugar. 
Here's the video.
Enjoy! 
The food will be rated from 1 to 5 stars, meaning:
⭐ - This could be part of gross foods! Ugh :(
⭐⭐ - Waste of ingredients but edible...
⭐⭐⭐ - Ok. Not my favourite thing but also not that bad
⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Now this has a lot of neopotential :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Wow! Was this created by fairies?! Yummy!
Now remember that this is, obviously, my opinion only ;)

Sugared Meatballs - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 1/2 - I have different ratings for the different coatings of the meatballs. My favourite was definitely the one covered with powdered sugar and that received four and a half stars. The others (cinnamon sugar, regular sugar and with no coating, just the glaze sauce) received four stars. Here's the deal: the one covered in regular sugar was overpoweringly sweet, the cinnamon sugar one could have had more cinnamon to make a difference and stand out somehow but the cinnamon in it only ended up cutting the sweetness from the sugar, the one with only the glaze could be perfectly served as a dish in a meal because it was not that sweet and my favourite, the powdered sugar one was a very nice balance between sweet and salty. All in all they weren't yucky at all and after some considerations I would definitely serve the sugar covered ones as an unusual sweet treat, and the ones with only the glaze as part of a dish in a meal.

*This image was taken from and belongs to Neopets.


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário