sexta-feira, 15 de maio de 2020

Pizza Power - Whole Steak and Egg Pizza

Hello!
This is a new segment I'm starting off, Pizza Power!
As I don't fail every Friday and I wanted to have a day dedicated to pizzas too, I decided to have Pizza Power day whenever I don't have fails to show you on Friday. And today is the case :)
So here it is the first pizza on the blog, the Whole steak and egg pizza - This is a hearty meal for anyone!
I had two beautiful fresh steaks in the fridge and I thought "I gotta make some neopian stuff that has steak in it!" and so I chose this pizza. It was weird at first because the steaks where whole but when it was time to eat I decided to cut it in bite size pieces and distribute it on top of the pizza.
In order to make this pizza you will need:
- 1 pizza base (store bought or home made. I made mine - if you want a recipe just let me know)
- 1 big steak or 2 medium (I used 2 medium steaks)
- bit of oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of butter 
- 300 ml of milk (I used oat milk)
- half a cup of grated cheddar cheese
- pinches of salt, pepper, nutmeg, cloves and turmeric powders 
If you make your own pizza base, start by doing that because it takes time to proof.
After that you will start by boiling the eggs. Put the eggs in a small pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and count 10 minutes. After 10 minutes drain and set aside to cool.
In the meanwhile you can make the bechamel. In another small pan over medium heat put in the butter and let it melt, add in the flour and stir well until it gets a golden colour. Then add in the milk and, with a whisk, whisk it well to not form any lumps. Season with salt (don't forget the cheese is salty already), white pepper and the spices and bring to the boil. Once it starts to boil reduce the heat to low, add in the cheese and let it cook for about 5 minutes, whisking constantly. Check for seasoning, take off the heat and set aside to cool down a bit.
In a frying pan add a bit of oil, season both sides of the steaks with salt and cook them to taste, one side and the other. I left mine rare because it was still going in the oven, I fried them 2 minutes on each side. When your steaks are cooked to your taste, turn off the heat and let the meat rest so most of the water comes out of it (discard this water).
So, lets assemble the pizza: spread the bechamel sauce on the pizza base and put it in your pre-heated oven at 200º.C. and let it cook until the bechamel turns a golden colour. Take out of the oven, make the divisions with the pizza cutter (just to be like in the Neopets photo) and place the steaks in the middle of the pizza. Put in the oven again until the dough cooks completely. In my case, my pizza took about a total of 30 minutes to cook completely. In the meanwhile peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. When your pizza is completely cooked, display the eggs like as in the picture and serve.
This pizza turned out a bit bland for my taste and it's not exactly what I would call "a hearty meal". In my honest opinion it was a waste of steaks :P But I am no one to talk since I am not the biggest fan of pizzas (crucify me now -_-). But really, I felt that it could use some BBQ sauce or tomato ketchup in it, and that was actually how we ended up eating it, all smudged in BBQ sauce and ketchup :D
Enjoy!

*This image was taken from and belongs to Neopets.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário