quarta-feira, 20 de maio de 2020

Avocado Strawberry Smoothie

Hello!
I don't post smoothies that much so I thought it was time to recreate one. It happened that I had bought avocados and my mom gave me a bag of strawberries so what better smoothie to recreate that the Avocado Strawberry Smoothie - The bottom half is all avocado and the top half is all Strawberry. Shake it up to drink both flavours at once! Umm but better not, Strawberry and avocado don't mix very well?
If you ever want to try this you will need:

- Avocado + some drops of lemon juice (to prevent the avocado from oxidizing)
- Strawberries

- Liquid like water or milk to make it runnier is optional
- Sugar is also optional
I'm not mentioning any quantities because it really depends on the size of your portion. Mine was very small so I used half of a small avocado and about 5 or 6 medium strawberries. What I just did was mash up the avocado with the lemon juice and in a separate bowl I mashed up the strawberries (this provided me purees and not exactly smoothie or liquid texture but it was fine for me). I really wanted this the most natural possible but if you want you can add sugar, you can use a blender to make it even smoother, you can add milk, water or any other vegetable milk of your choice to make it more liquid (just don't forget that if you get it more liquid both parts may end up mixing by themselves). It's really up to you.
I did mix a bit of the strawberry and the avocado and guess what? They actually go really well together! I shouldn't be that surprised though, avocado is pretty bland in flavour so it easily gains the flavour of what you mix it with. In this case the mixture tasted mainly as strawberry, as such the last part of the description of this smoothie is not accurate ^_^'
I hope you enjoy this!

A suggestion was made by Elya Sabrina, from Neopets Nation facebook group, to rate the flavour of these recreations. The food will be rated from 1 to 5 stars, meaning:
⭐ - This could be part of gross foods! Ugh :(
⭐⭐ - Waste of ingredients but edible...
⭐⭐⭐ - Ok. Not my favourite thing but also not that bad
⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Now this has a lot of neopotential :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Wow! Was this created by fairies?! Yummy!
Now remember that this is, obviously, my opinion only ;)

Avocado Strawberry Smoothie - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - This smoothie, has a fresh, fruity and very pleasant taste. You can hardly taste any avocado. Right out of the fridge this is just the kind of thing that I would without a doubt choose for a refreshing healthy treat! :D

*This image was taken from and belongs to Neopets.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário