sexta-feira, 22 de maio de 2020

Lettuce Wrap

Hello!
TGIF! Well... I'm unemployed, what the heck am I talking about?!
Nah, I like Fridays and the weekend pretty much so... TGIF! :D
This Friday I didn't fail and I didn't made a pizza but I cooked a Lettuce Wrap - Yum cut out the bread for less carbs and still have a delicious protein filled meal!
But I must confess that I did not cut out the carbs :( actually I made this with carbs 'cause I couldn't afford throwing a batch of cooked millet to the bin so, I used it instead of the meat. Anyway, if I didn't use millet I was going to use some sort of vegetable protein. Anyway, here are my two cents on this recipe if you want to try it:
- Millet (or, to respect the description, any type of minced meat)
- Lettuce leaves 
- Onion
- Garlic (optional - also don't use a lot unless you could marry a clove of garlic :P)
- Carrot
- Courgette/Zucchini 
- Vegetable oil
- Soy sauce
- Chocolate Pepper (or any other pepper of choice)
I didn't put out any measures because this is really up to your taste and depending on the size of your bowl :P So I'm just giving you the directions.
Start by shredding the carrot, dicing the courgette and onion and chopping the garlic very finely. Set aside.
Cook the millet according to instructions in the package, drain and set aside.
In a frying pan put a drizzle of vegetable oil, add in the onion, garlic, carrot and the courgette and cook on medium-low heat until soft. Add in the cooked millet (if using meat, add the minced meat) and cook for a few more minutes (if using meat, let the meat cook all the way now) stirring. Add in soy sauce to taste (don't forget that soy sauce is really salty so pay attention) and the pepper, mix to combine well, turn off the heat and set aside.
Now, in a bowl place a few leaves of lettuce, the prettiest ones, just like on the image, and then spoon the millet/meat mixture in the middle of the lettuce leaves.
Serve and enjoy!

The food will be rated from 1 to 5 stars, meaning:
⭐ - This could be part of gross foods! Ugh :(
⭐⭐ - Waste of ingredients but edible...
⭐⭐⭐ - Ok. Not my favourite thing but also not that bad
⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Now this has a lot of neopotential :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Wow! Was this created by fairies?! Yummy!
Now remember that this is, obviously, my opinion only ;)

Lettuce Wrap - ⭐⭐⭐ - I do believe that the main thing that made me rate this dish with 3 stars was the fact that I used millet instead of meat and, to make things worse, millet should be rinsed before cooking and I totally forgot to do that, which left the millet with a bit of a bitter taste to it. Gladly the lettuce gave it a bit of freshness and in the end it wasn't that bad but still... not my favourite thing on the menu. At least not with the millet!

*This image was taken from and belongs to Neopets.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário