sexta-feira, 21 de setembro de 2018

Extra Cheesy Cheddar Crisps

Hello!
Today I bring you the Extra Cheesy Cheddar Crisps! - "Made from a secret faerie recipe passed down for generations. How do they make them so cheesy"
Of course you don't have to make them in that shape, that lovely faerie wings shape. I had to for the sake of this food but, believe me, I've only made a few for the photos, the rest were cut the way I desired :P Or else I would still be cutting them today XD
Anyway! You will need:
- pan for deep frying + enough oil to do it
- rolling pin
- kitchen paper
- 1 and 1/2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup of flour + more as needed
- 1 medium potato boiled
- 50 gr. butter
Start by mashing the potato into a bowl, very well mashed, or use a potato ricer (very handy here). Then add the rest of the ingredients: the cheese, the flour and the butter and use your hands to mix everything together very well so it forms a uniform dough.
Now form two or three balls or disks with the dough, which will be kind of sticky, wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes you will work with each piece of dough at a time. Put a bit of flour on a surface and roll the dough out to 5 mm thick. Cut the dough as desired (for the faerie wing shape I used a cardboard mold I drew myself, I would put the mold (wrapped with plastic wrap) on top of the rolled dough and I would cut along side it... as you may imagine, this was time consuming so then I changed the shape) but keep the pieces small, the size of potato chips is fine. Repeat the process for the other pieces of dough.
Put the frying pan with the oil on the stove and let it heat enough for deep frying. In the meanwhile line a plate with kitchen paper and set aside. When the oil is hot and ready, drop a few chips in the oil and they will be done in no time so pay close attention! Turn them on the other side to brown both sides equally and when they are golden brown, remove them with a slotted spoon to the plate with the kitchen paper to drain the excess oil. Repeat until you have no dough left. Serve as you wish but above all, enjoy!

*This image was taken from and belongs to Neopets.


1 comentário: