terça-feira, 12 de outubro de 2021

Spooky Food for Spooky Season - Spaghetti and Brains

Hello!
You can not believe how happy I was when, this year, I was able to get this ingredient to make some spooky dishes - pork's brain!
Last year I tried to get it but the butcher simply wouldn't order it giving me a ton of excuses. Well this year was different. Not only did I get it, but I also wasn't charged for it 😁 of course I had to make a huge order of meat to get the brain (I added my mom's meat order to mine to make a big one) but at least we got the brain 😊
Now, I must say this was my first time preparing and cooking this ingredient and Spaghetti and Brains - This messy dish has chunks of brain mixed in with the pasta - seemed like the perfect spooky food to start with this ingredient. And it was! It's just a shame that I honestly don't fancy brain as a food 😕 maybe it has something to do with the aroma, or the texture, maybe I should have used spaghetti instead of noodles (the aroma is different), maybe I didn't prepare the brain properly (I did wash it well and got rid of most of the fat and outer membrane - and I even added lemon juice! 😩)... or maybe this ingredient has some psychological effect on me. Maybe "all of the above". I don't know *shrugs*. I still have one recipe to go using this ingredient... lets see... but for now... 
Enjoy!
The food will be rated from 1 to 5 stars, meaning:
⭐ - This could be part of gross foods! Ugh :(
⭐⭐ - Waste of ingredients but edible...
⭐⭐⭐ - Ok. Not my favourite thing but also not that bad
⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Now this has a lot of neopotential :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Wow! Was this created by fairies?! Yummy!
Now remember that this is, obviously, my opinion only ;)

Spaghetti and Brains - ⭐⭐⭐ - three stars and with some sacrifice 😐 the noodles, egg and ketchup were alright but I did not enjoy the aroma of the brain, nor the texture. And I also believe my own brain created a barrier towards this ingredient. So, yeah, this was spaghetti and brains just for you 😅
*This image was taken from and belongs to Neopets.


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário