domingo, 7 de fevereiro de 2021

Heart Crepe - Valentines Day

Hello!
Valentine's Day is happening in about a week so I thought it would be cool to show you some lovey dovey neopian food. It doesn't really matter if we have a valentine or not, we can be our own valentines or we can just don't give a sh*t about it and eat pretty food :) I have mixed feelings on this day now. Although I like to make a special meal for me and my boyfriend, it is also the day I lost my cat (not the month, just the day). But it's ok, the day has 24 hours and there is plenty of time to be happy and to be sad 😕
Anyway, here's Heart Crepe - This crepe is covered in sweet frosting! - a fatty crepe that I decided to fill with raspberry jam and top with a simple icing sugar frosting made with lemon juice instead of just water. Now there was a little technical problem... I have my Americolor food coloring bottles for so long now that some have started to lose properties, namely the colour 😑. I should know better, I know, but I was really hopeful that it wasn't that bad. It turns out, it was that bad! Anyway, I could have just put that one aside and start a new frosting but the thing is, with this pandemic, I really want to avoid going out, specially to shop, AND specially to shop for stuff that I wasted ridiculously. If the colour had turned out grey or black I would have probably made a new frosting. But it was a sort of dark reddish rose and so I decided to use it. It was still a very suitable colour for this recipe.
Without further ado, here's Heart Crepe (and I hope I can make a couple more Valentine's Day's recipes). Enjoy!
The food will be rated from 1 to 5 stars, meaning:
⭐ - This could be part of gross foods! Ugh :(
⭐⭐ - Waste of ingredients but edible...
⭐⭐⭐ - Ok. Not my favourite thing but also not that bad
⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Now this has a lot of neopotential :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Wow! Was this created by fairies?! Yummy!
Now remember that this is, obviously, my opinion only ;)

Heart Crepe - ⭐⭐⭐ 1/2 - Three and a half stars for this crepe. I don't enjoy such a thick crepe that much and, I know this is on me, I was really disappointed with how runny I left the frosting (not the mention how mad I was about the colour). Other than that, I think it was a fairly nice treat, a bit too sweet for my taste, but gladly I used lemon juice to balance it all out ^_^
*This image was taken from and belongs to Neopets.


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário