segunda-feira, 5 de outubro de 2020

Carrot and Pea Omelette

Hello.
As some of you may already know, I had a friend who was hospitalized dying with cancer. We heard about this on September the 23rd (we had absolutely no idea she was battling cancer) and my friend passed away on September the 29th. This was a real shock to me. She used to spend every Halloween night with us, she absolutely loved Halloween. We never knew she had cancer a few years back to begin with so when we got this information it was like "no, we must not be talking about the same person, this has to be a mistake!" It turned out it wasn't. I wasn't able to see at the hospital due to covid, and I actually didn't see her after last Halloween and this, happening so close to the date, just made things so much more difficult to deal with. I can't grab a Halloween decoration without thinking of her, it's been really hard on all of us :(
I was able to go to her wake ceremony with my sister and another common friend, and this gave me some sort of peace of mind, like a last farewell, otherwise it would have felt like... unsolved business or something.
For just a moment I actually thought the universe would gather the necessary conditions for a miracle to happen, the doctors had given her a few hours left on the 24th of September and as the days went by and no one would tell us anything... I really thought that by some magical, impossible chance she would pull through it.
But she didn't and now she is part of the realm of the ghosts. Lets hope she can visit once in a while.
Now, despite all bad situations in my life happening during Fall season, and it does seem like there is a huge force somewhere trying to make me loathe this season, I'm still pretty much in love with Fall and Halloween, and with the 31st of October approaching, I couldn't help but feel the need to cook again. I am planning on some spooky foods briefly but today is still not the day.
Today I have an omelette to show you. And the chosen one (because it had to be, sooner or later XD) is the Carrot and Pea Omelette - A strange combination, but nevertheless tasty.
I did not have the chance to taste this omelette but my boyfriend gave me his rating on it. 
I hope you like this!
Enjoy :)

The food will be rated from 1 to 5 stars, meaning:
⭐ - This could be part of gross foods! Ugh :(
⭐⭐ - Waste of ingredients but edible...
⭐⭐⭐ - Ok. Not my favourite thing but also not that bad
⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Now this has a lot of neopotential :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Wow! Was this created by fairies?! Yummy!
Now remember that this is, obviously, my opinion only ;)

Carrot and Pea Omelette - ⭐⭐⭐ - My boyfriend rated this omelette with three stars for obvious reasons (for him though). He said this is worse than a plain omelette 😅 I cannot confirm that but I do know he doesn't like peas that much... nor boiled carrots as a matter of fact so, I think we even got lucky to not get a one star rating XD.
*This image was taken from and belongs to Neopets.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário