quarta-feira, 3 de junho de 2020

Strawberry Crepe

Hey hey!
Altador Cup is here and I blame my lack of recipes on it :P
Nah, I've been very occupied with a lot of things: I have been fostering a kitty I rescued from my street, I have been trying to make videos of Neopian Food, I have been playing AC, I have two other cats that need my attention too (the kitty is separated from my cats, obviously, so I have to divide my attention), I have house stuff to take care off (meals, cleaning, washing...) and so it pretty much takes all of my time and I have to become an octopus to be able to do everything on time :)
So, I'm sorry for the absence.
Now, I'm here to show you a very yummy snack I had for lunch time a few days ago, a Strawberry crepe - A fresh strawberry crepe that is topped with cream and sliced strawberries.
I stood faithful to the description so I used fresh strawberries for the crepe batter. If you ever feel the will to try this recipe, here are the ingredients (of course this recipe yields more than one crepe):
- 300 gr of flour
- 50 gr of butter (melted)
- Strawberries + 1 slice of beetroot raw or cooked (for colour) + milk (after pureeing the strawberries and the beetroot put it in a measuring jar and fill it with milk until it hits the 500 ml mark and mix - the thing here is you need a total of 500 ml in this jar)
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Whipping cream (to taste) + sugar (I used 1 tbsp for 200 ml of cream but you can adapt it according to your taste)
Wash the strawberries, take off the stem and puree five or six of them, along with the beetroot. Slice the other strawberries lengthwise and set aside (this is for the topping, but you can leave them whole if you prefer).
In a bowl whisk the eggs with the milk and strawberry mixture and salt. Add in the flour and incorporate it. Now pass this batter through a sieve, add in the butter and mix it in. Let the batter rest for 30 minutes. After that time, lets cook the crepes!
Put a frying pan on medium heat with a bit of oil and dry the excess with some kitchen paper (you might have to add a bit of oil in between every other crepe). Use a ladle to measure out the batter and pour it into the frying pan. Swirl the pan around to cover the whole bottom of it with the batter and let it cook until the top is dry. With the help of a spatula flip the crepe over and let it cook on the other side for about a minute. Keep this process until you have no batter left. If your crepes are getting dark very fast, just turn down the heat a little bit. (The crepes are supposed to be round and thin (2 mm max) so keep this in mind when measuring the batter with the ladle, it all depends on the size of your frying pan). After all the crepes are done let them cool for a bit. While that happens you can whip up the cream with the sugar. Use an electric mix or you can even do it by hand with a whisk, just make sure the cream is beaten until it reaches soft but firm peaks.
Now, the description of the crepe doesn't mention any filling but I felt perky and I filled mine. I placed a crepe on a plate, spread some whipped cream on it and threw in a few slices of strawberry. I rolled it over, topped it with some more cream and slices of strawberry to give it that amazing look :) And it was time to serve and enjoy.
On a side note: my frying pan wasn't very large in diameter so I felt the need to use two crepes for another try, for the sake of the similarity with the Neopets image (which looked like a more chubby crepe than the one I had just made). I put one crepe overlapping another and repeated the filling and topping process. The result was better in my opinion (the two last photos).  
I hope you like it!

The food will be rated from 1 to 5 stars, meaning:
⭐ - This could be part of gross foods! Ugh :(
⭐⭐ - Waste of ingredients but edible...
⭐⭐⭐ - Ok. Not my favourite thing but also not that bad
⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Now this has a lot of neopotential :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Wow! Was this created by fairies?! Yummy!
Now remember that this is, obviously, my opinion only ;)

Strawberry Crepe ⭐ - This food doesn't receive five stars because of my options. As you know by now I try to respect the description of the food as much as I can and if I can make it healthier or more natural I will do it. Although if I have some enhancers on hand I will not be afraid to use them XD What I mean is this crepe is really good and tasty but the strawberries alone used for the batter do not provide any flavour so I should have used strawberry essence to enhance the strawberry flavour, and I could have also had a tablespoon or two of sugar to make it sweet... I opted to leave it bland. Also I filled the crepe with fresh strawberries, maybe if I had filled it with strawberry jam and the cream this would have turned out a lot more delicious! Finally, and not really counting for this rating, it is a shame that the photos don't do any justice to the colour of the crepe, which was a beautiful light pink in real life. 

*This image was taken from and belongs to Neopets.






Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário