segunda-feira, 27 de agosto de 2018

Omelette Monday - Cheese and Onion Omelette

Hello!
Today, and this might sound weird, I'm starting another new segment here on the blog! It is called "Omelette Mondays" and I don't think it needs any more presentations :P
On to the omelette I chose for today - Cheese and Onion Omelette! Super delicious, super easy to make, you probably already have the ingredients on hand at home... lets get started!
You will need for one pretty decent omelette:
- frying pan
- 2 eggs + a splash of milk
- a handful of crispy onion (or half a small onion chopped the way you prefer) + a few pieces of fresh onion for garnish
- cheese of choice, as long as it melts, and try not to use more that half a cup :P
- a bit of oil to fry and salt to taste (don't forget that usually the cheese is already salty)
Start by, in the same frying pan you'll be using, putting in a bit of oil, medium low heat and cook the pieces of onion for garnish until they become very tender. Scoop them to a plate and set aside.
Break the eggs into a bowl and season with a bit of salt, add a splash of milk and beat it all together. Put the frying pan with a bit of oil in medium heat and put the egg mixture inside. When it starts to coagulate the eggs, add in the cheese of choice (which can be sliced, shredded, grated, in cubes... your choice!) but save some for topping, and the crispy onion, but try to keep it all on one half of the omelette. It makes it easier to fold it.
When the top of the omelette is also coagulating, fold the omelette with the help of a spatula, and you can do this once, just folding it in two, or you can do it like I did and fold it in three (I usually do it like this 'cause it makes it slimmer so I can fit it in a better lunchbox for my boyfriend to take to work :P).
After folding the omelette, sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese, cover with a lid until the cheese melts. Turn of the heat, put on a plate and garnish with the cooked pieces of onion. Enjoy!

Notes:
- If you like your onion raw, that's fine and you can totally use it that way but I prefer it cooked and that's what I did;
- If you are using a fresh onion instead of crispy onion, you can use it raw or cooked, like the pieces for garnish;
- I used crispy onion because I have a big bag of it and it is almost expiring;
- I used Cheddar cheese and a Portuguese traditional kind of cheese for the inside of the omelette but I used a slice of Flamengo cheese (our equal to the generic American cheese) for the top;
- I didn't taste this omelette as it was made for my boyfriend's lunch at work, but I had a very positive feedback from him and, to be honest, I do trust my omelettes :P

*This image was taken from and belongs to Neopets.


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário