sexta-feira, 24 de agosto de 2018

Fail Friday - Garlic Butter Hot Dog

Hello and welcome to a new series on this blog!
Kitchen and cooking involve science. Most of the times an exact science, some other times... not so much.
Cooking things we know can already be quite troublesome, let alone cooking made up foods from a world that doesn't necessarily exist (it will always exist in our hearts and souls! <3)!
And this is where Fail Fridays enter! :P
It will be a series where I will post the Neopian foods that don't go exactly the way I intended to and end up not really looking like the original. But it can be a fail for other reasons besides my ideal and the looks: it can be a fail in taste, in concept... you name it!
And to finish presenting this new series, I just have to say that this will not be up every Friday, it will be when I have a fail to show, and I will not fail neither on purpose nor every Friday (at least I hope so!).
Introduction made, let me show you my first fail. It is the Garlic Butter Hot Dog.
Why was this a fail? Because it didn't look anything like the original and it was one of those times I really didn't want it to, otherwise I would be throwing away food. So I made it edible, and it was quite delicious (and messy to eat), but I didn't adventure myself on making it as required. Here is the description of this Hot Dog - "Ten times fattier than regular hot dogs."
We already have an idea of the calories a regular hot dog can have so I tried to keep it on the same level. Here is the recipe if you still want to try it (it doesn't look like the original but at least it is edible without ten times the guilt:
- 1 hot dog bun
- 1 hot dog sausage
- 3 teaspoons of butter (I used butter flavored margarine)
- 1 clove of garlic
- mustard to taste
Start by heating the sausage in a pan with water. While that is happening melt the butter in the microwave. Those two things happening give you just the time to grab a plate, cut open the hot dog bun and prick its top with a fork ;)
When the butter is melted, drizzle a bit on the inside of the bun and on top of it, slowly so the bun has time to absorb the melted butter.
When the sausage is hot place it inside the bun and put on some mustard :)
Finish this off by grating the garlic on top of the bun, it will stick to the butter. Enjoy!

Now just a few notes for the interested: 
- I know there is garlic butter but I didn't understand this food like that, I understood it as garlic + butter on a hot dog;
- curiously the bun on the original picture looks more like a hamburger bun but I happened to have hot dog buns so why not keep it faithful?
- there is a lot of yellow stuff coming out from the sides of this hot dog on the original picture, I couldn't figure it in any way to be all butter, but even if it is, I couldn't bring myself to commit such an atrocity to my body so I used some mustard instead - still not in enough quantity to resemble the original picture;
- have in mind that the garlic will be all over your body throughout the whole day (stomach, lungs, esophagus, breath....), just working it all up!
- and basically this is why I consider this a fail: the concept is simply not ok (which makes the original picture not ok too!) :P at least not if you have a bit of respect towards your blood levels.

 *This image was taken from and belongs to Neopets.



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário