sexta-feira, 8 de maio de 2020

Fail Friday - Choco-Strawberry Muffin

Hello!
It's that day of the week where I can show you my failed attempts at cooking a Neopian food. Despite being a cook (hurray!!!) I am still learning a lot because cooking as you may imagine is not an exact art just like that. First we have to make several attempts before reaching the desired final product. We are constantly trying new things, new methods, new mixtures, new ingredients, new combinations, new cooking times, new ratios: some work, some could be better, some just don't fit in. So it is quite possible that, despite not considering myself a bad cook (I'm actually pretty good at the thing ^_^), Fail Fridays will still appear from time to time XD
Without further ado I failed at baking a Choco-strawberry muffin - This muffin is packed full of chocolate and strawberries - yummy!
This happened mainly because I decided to search for a different recipe than the ones I usually use. I thought that I could follow a recipe in order to bake less muffins ('cause it's just me and my boyfriend in the house). So I searched for muffin dough ratios and it turned out to look pretty simple: it was a 2:2:1:1 ratio recipe - 2 parts flour to 2 parts liquid to 1 part fat to 1 part eggs. Then 1 tablespoon of sugar per egg and 1 teaspoon baking powder per cup of flour. Right here I should have noticed something wasn't right. The web page talked about weighing the ingredients (which we know it is always a lot more accurate for baking) and was very clear about that point, and then it talks about spoons and cups (which are volume measurement units). I still went ahead and used this method and I failed twice because: 1 - the muffins came out more like brownies and 2 - I ended up baking the same quantity of muffins as I usually do *face palm*.
A very quick highlight on the ingredients and procedure: I used wheat flour, oat milk, ghee, eggs, sugar, baking powder and vanilla essence. Mixed the dry ingredients with the wet without over mixing, distributed the batter into a muffin tray and put it in a pre-heated oven at 180º.C. for about 15 to 20 minutes.
When I took them out of the oven, even the ones which grew a little mound didn't have it big enough compared to the Choco-Strawberry Muffin so I dig a little hole on top of the muffin and placed an arranged strawberry pointy side up. Then I melted some dark chocolate and poured it over the strawberry :D I had to cut and arrange a strawberry to put on top of the muffin 'cause I was only able to get big ass strawberries :P
The final result was a quite delicious brownie packed with a strawberry, covered in chocolate and topped with another strawberry. Not very sweet, not very dense. Perfect... for a brownie! XD
Enjoy!

*This image was taken from and belongs to Neopets.


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário